Friday, January 28, 2011

Books n' Kits n' Reader's Knowledge!

Blogger Kim said...

BTW, that "lady stuff" can come in handy for a guy who might have a deep bloody gash that needs to be covered with something large...those pads come in handy for more than just what we women tend to need them for! Great job on your kit...I think I'll get mine out of the car this weekend and make sure I've got all that we need...you've mentioned quite a bit that I'm not sure I have...yikes!


Kim,

That is a very good suggestion, and also the cotton in the pads themselves also make for good fire tinder too in a pinch.

Yes, it is a very good idea to check your kits. I have heard that it is a good idea to check them about twice a year, namely spring and fall to replace and replenish things that have gone out of date or are used up. Maybe get in the idea of practicing with your kit and using it from time to time. I use mine to make my lunch sometimes.


Blogger Joshkie said...

If you haven't read it, "98.6 Degrees the Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive" by Cody Lundin is a really good book.

His website is here:
http://www.codylundin.com/degrees.html

Josh


Josh,

Actually I have both of Mr. Lundin's books, "98.6 Degrees" and "When All Hell Breaks Loose" and I am reading them. I currently have not posted any reviews of them yet as I am not finished with them. However, Cody's knowledge in primitive living so far seems outstanding. To me the guy seems to walk the walk and I have a lot of respect for him. I probably will do a full review on them as soon as I finish them, and there are a few things that I would like to try out from his 'When All Hell..' book. He has some interesting concepts I would like to try. But thank you for the recommendation and the link to his site! It is well worth the visit. Also, I think he has a Youtube channel under the name Abodudeman. Just recently that channel posted the informational interviews that showed Cody Lundin and also The Survival Mom Lisa Bedford for Newsweek Magazine on survival that they did a year ago! Plus there is a some other videos on his channel. It is worth a look!

Ravenwolf

No comments: